Connect with something bigger, have an impact every day and work someplace truly great. The opportunity is here.
DeepData Inc. is a hot startup that is merging Silicon Valley’s cutting-edge SaaS and data visualization technologies with Houston’s domain expertise in upstream oil and gas. By combining the two, DeepData helps operating companies find better answers faster, enabling them to reduce costs, increase production and thereby produce the energy that drives the world using the most cost-efficient methods available today. DeepData offers competitive salary and benefits and a stock package that enables you to share in the amazing upside of the company. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Senior Java Developer
- Review existing Business Requirements with business and technical staff.
- Document System Requirements and Interface with technical staff to integrate with other tiers of the project.
- Define development tasks and timelines, define required interactions with other project areas, work with the Project Manager to integrate tasks into the project plan.
- Design and develop the user interface using Struts and Spring
- Perform test-driven development using JUnit
- Utilize Relational Databases (MariaDB)
- Define and execute technical unit test cases.
- Analyze application performance levels, work with other project areas to define strategies and Client improvements.
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues. Work with business and technical team members to identify and define issues.
- Follow an existing quality assurance process.
- Flexibly interact with globally dispersed project team members.
- 8+ years Java, J2EE, Application Servers (Glassfish, WebLogic, Tomcat)
- 8+ years relational database, MySQL or MariaDB.
- Strong understanding of object oriented design and development, including UML
- Hibernate, ExclipseLink , JPA or other persistence framework
- Spring, understanding of and experience with dependency injection
- Eclipse IDE, JUnit, Eclipse plugins.
- Build/Deploy experience, including CVS and Ant
- Message processing experience, including MQ Series and JMS
- Open Source experience researching, evaluating and utilizing
- Large scale complex application development and testing
- Lifecycle methodology development
- Structured testing and defect management, preferably with Mercury products
- Excellent written and oral communications
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Oil & Gas Industry experience is nice, but less important than development expertise
- Experience on projects with globally dispersed project teams
- Web Services, preferably with Axis2 or CXF(XFire), knowledge of WSDL and SOAP
- Ajax and dynamic web page generation techniques
- Data visualization
What You’ll Do
You will use your extensive experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with prospective customers and executive sponsors at oil & gas operating companies. You will employ effective selling strategies to successfully introduce these companies to the amazing value provided by DeepData. And you will help develop customers into key references for DeepData. If you have a stellar sales track record, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then DeepData is the place for you.
- Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position DeepData
- Provide support for marketing activities and events
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners
- Mentor new presales and sales people
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of an on-demand/web services architecture
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
- Good sense of humor
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
What is Required
- Prior experience in business application sales, preferably the oil & gas sector
- Experience as a leader in a team selling environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Please send your resume in Word or PDF form to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line in the format: “Job Application: [insert job title here]”
Position Title: Salesperson
© Copyright 2017 - DeepData, Inc. All Rights Reserved.